Monday, December 18, 2006

So I've Been in the Kitchen Again...

I love to cook. Nothing sends me into non-sexual ecstasy faster than a good cookbook. I can spend hours pouring over the pages. Sometimes I spend whole days in the kitchen, playing with new recipes and making up potluck dishes for this and that. When I get news of a fund-raising bake sale, you can bet I'm consumed by the question of what I'm going to make. Or, better yet, how much can I make before the deadline, and will it all fit in the back of the SUV?

So since this is a journal of "This and That," I'm sure that will include more than a few recipes. Not all of them require contortions of sexual positions -- and not all of them require using kitchen utensils in a naughty sexual manner -- though I'm all about variety and spice, baby!

I stumbled across this recipe today, made it with dinner tonight, and it's already gone. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

Ultimate Cheesy HashBrown Casserole

1 2lb. bag of frozen hashbrowns, thawed
1 med. onion, chopped
6 tbsps. butter, melted
1 lb. container of sour cream
8 oz. Cheddar or Colby, shredded
1 can cream of mushroom soup
Handful of french onions for topping
4 tbsps. butter, melted.

Layer the hashbrowns in a 9x13 casserole dish. Layer the ingredients in order, finishing with the final drizzle of butter. Bake at 350 degrees for an hour or until golden and bubbly.

Fat-free ingredients substitute well for this, if you are so inclined.

YUM!

No comments: