Friday, June 01, 2007

"The Open Road" Writing Contest!

I love the open road. We love to get in the car and travel to places we've never been, little towns in the middle of nowhere, places that aren't on any map. I also have a weakness for cars, especially those with big horsepower and sleek bodies.

Sounds like a good enough reason for a contest!



Here's what you do: Write a short story of up to 800 words. Shorter is fine, but 800 is the max. Make it sexy, erotic, romantic, or flat-out naughty. Make the sex as hot as summer sun on asphalt.

The story has to use the following as its first paragraph:

The engine hummed its way up to a roar as the sleek silver bullet shot out of a turn. Tires squealed as it broke into the straightaway. The power of four hundred horses thrummed through the chassis and right into the center of me, right there between my legs. His hand slid up my thigh as the speedometer slid into the red.

Send the naughtiness HERE with your name (pseudonym is fine) and a valid email address. One entry per person, please. If you don't get a confirmation from me, then you know I haven't received it, and please resend!

The man of the house and I will read all of them and post our favorites here. The winner is the one who gets us both so hot we have to stop reading and attack each other instead.

Now, to the prizes:

You get an autographed copy of an anthology that includes one (or more) of my stories. I'll also throw in promotional items galore (post cards, magnets, etc.). To sweeten the pot, you get a little something filled with chocolate. And to make things even more tempting, you get a random selection of CDs that have influenced my writing lately. I'll even throw in completely unrelated surprise items. When it comes to the little extras, you have no idea what you'll get, because I don't know for sure, either!

But best of all, your story gets featured not only on my blog, but on my website. That's thousands of people every day, reading YOUR story! I'll link to a website or blog if you like.

Since all good things must come to an end, the contest is over at midnight, US Central Time, on June 30th, 2007. Winners will be announced on July 13, 2007.

You've got a month, so get writing!

No comments: