Thursday, January 10, 2008

This Month on For the Girls: Introducing Mr. Right

This month at For the Girls, I'm talking about that tricky moment when you introduce your Mr. Right to everybody else:

When I told them Mr. Right had proposed – bended knee, tears, huge rock for my hand – they were aquiver with excitement. One jumped up and down and screamed. Another stared at the ring and burst into tears. There were hugs and kisses and the round of ‘I told you so.’ Breaking the news of my upcoming marriage was like New Year’s Eve on Times Square. Everybody was happy, and nobody was worrying about what the future might hold, because it had to be perfect – right?

Navigating those waters is not all smooth sailing, and this month, I'm talking about what to expect when the "Congratulations" turns into "But..are you sure?"

And next month, look for a brand-new column on For the Girls, when I move from talking about the dating game to discussing the even bigger game: The Committed Relationship.

Enjoy the column, and as always, let me know what you think!

No comments: