Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Introducing M. Davenport!

My latest story on Ruthie's Club is a very special one. "Who Do You Want to Be?" is part of the Halloween issue but more importantly, it is my first co-writing jaunt with the extraordinary M. Davenport!

M. and I have known each other for years, and I've always loved his sarcastic wit and lightning-quick sense of humor. This is a guy who can make me laugh no matter what the situation. He's very well-spoken, an outrageous flirt, loves his friends with everything in him, and has one of the kindest hearts I know.

I don't recall how our conversation that particular evening took a turn toward costumes in a costume store, but it did -- and M's usual joking self went into overdrive. I wrote a basic draft, and he ran with it. What began as a basic story about a costume shop turned into something hilarious and unique. I am so happy with our final version!

Take a visit over to Ruthie's Club to read the story. Ruthie's is adults only and requires a subscription, but it is worth every last penny. I am proud to be a part of M. Davenport's debut on such a great site!

No comments: